It is easy to replace a document with another one. The new document will have the name of the document are replacing. This is a great feature, if you need to make major changes to a document that is shared with multiple people and they read and edit it on a regular basis.
- Create a new document and put the desired content in it. Or open a document you want to replace another document with.
- Click Save As or Save a Copy.
- In the Save dialog (can also be called Save as or Save a Copy), located the document you want to replace by selecting the folder where it is stored.
- NOTE: If the document you are replacing it with is in a different format, that format will be in the File Type drop-down menu, and the document you want to replace will be invisible.
- To make it visible, click the File Type drop-down menu and select the format of the document you are replacing.
- Once you see the document you want to replace, click it.
- Click the Save button in the dialog.
- Another dialog will appear asking if you want to replace or overwrite the old document. Click the Yes button.