The new user interfaces that were introduced with version 5.3 are made available when the experimental features are active.
Here is how to access the Experimental features:
- Click the Tools menu. Mac users need to click the LibreOffice menu.
- Click the Options item in the Tool menu. For Mac users, click the Preferences item. This will launch the Options dialog.
- Click the arrow that is next to LibreOffice in the left column to reveal the tabs in this section.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the box next to “Enable experimental features (may be unstable)” checkbox so it has a check in it.
- Click the OK button.
- A dialog appears asking whether you want to Restart now or later. Click the Restart Now button.
Once LibreOffice restarts, click the View menu. There will be a new sub-menu in the menu, called Notebookbar. Version 5.3 has three to choose from. Version 5.4 has five choices, and 6.0 has six choices.
To choose a desired notebookbar, do the following:
- Click the View menu to reveal the list.
- Highlight the Toolbar Layout sub-menu.
- Click Notebookbar. The user interface will change to one of the user interfaces.
- Click the View menu again to reveal the list.
- Highlight the Notebookbar sub-menu.
- Click the desired user interface.