Skip to content
Edit menu items
- Undo: This goes back before the last change in a document. The other way to access undo is through the Standard toolbar. It has a drop-down menu that allows you to go back farther.
- Redo: If you perform an undo and change your mind, redo will take you back to before the undo. The redo item in the Standard toolbar has a drop-down menu in case you have performed several undo.
- Repeat: LibreOffice will perform the action just performed when this item is clicked.
- Cut: This removes an item or text from where it is in a document and places it on the clipboard to be pasted.
- Copy: This places an item or text on the clipboard to be pasted.
- Paste: This puts text or objects on the clipboard into the document where the cursor is located.
- Paste Unformatted Text: This will strip the text on the clipboard of its formatting, so it can take on the formatting of where it is pasted.
- Paste Special: This launches a Paste Special dialog with several options, depending on what is on the clipboard.
- Select All: Selects everything in a document.
- Selection Mode (sub-menu): The choices are Standard and Block. Block allows you to highlight several lines of text without having to select the all the text in a line.
- Select Text: This is only active when a text document is read only. It enables or disables the cursor in read-only mode.
- Direct Cursor Mode: This allows you to click any blank area in a document. Depending on where you click, the alignment will be left, center, or right.
- Find: This launches the Find toolbar, that allows you to search text in the document and allows you navigate it by its elements, such as headings.
- Find & Replace: This launches the Find and Replace dialog, which allows you to perform more complex searches than the Find toolbar. It also allows you to replace text.
- Go to Page: This launches the Navigator dialog, which allows you to jump from page to page, as well as move through its elements.
- Track Changes (sub-menu)
- Record Changes
- Protect Changes
- Show Changes
- Manage Changes
- Comment on Change
- Next Change
- Previous Change
- Compare Document
- Merge Document
- Hyperlink: This is active when a hyperlink is selected. It launches the Hyperlink dialog that allows you to edit the link.
- Reference (sub-menu)
- Footnote or Endnote
- Index Entry
- Bibliographic Entry
- Fields: This becomes active when you select a field that you have inserted, such as page number.
- Links: This becomes active when you insert a document as a linked OLE (Object Linking and Embedding)
- Object (sub-menu)
- Exchange Database
- Edit Mode