Converting a table to text
Many times you receive data that is not in a table. LibreOffice Writer gives you the ability to do both.
- Select the table so the cursor is flashing in one of the cells of the table.
- Click the Table menu.
- Highlight the Convert sub-menu.
- Click the Table to Text item. This opens the Convert Table to Text dialog.
- Choose what you want to separate the different cells with.
- Other: This has an associated text box that allows you to enter any character to separate the data from each cell.
- Click the OK button.
Below are examples of tables that have been converted to text, using each one of the separators in the Convert Table to Text.